On Friday 12th April the whole school community gathered in the school hall for an end of term assembly.
We were delighted to welcome the Soccer Team from St Louis Community School who have recently won The Connacht Senior School A Competition . It was great to see many of our past pupils on the winning team. Captain and past pupil, Simon spoke about the competition and the final where they defeated Oranmore to lift the cup for the first time.
Winning Team with our Junior Infant Class.
When the St Louis Community School Team had left we continued with a short prayer service .
Mrs Macken introduced the prayer service by inviting us to take a few quiet moments to remember Jesus’ death and to celebrate His resurrection.
Some short prayer and reflection followed.
The service concluded with a hymn from 3rd & 4th Class choir.
Our second term this year has been a very busy one! Ms Lee acknowledged the many achievements in St Aidan’s over the term. Each group was invited to stand and was applauded for their contribution to school life during the present school term.
- School Band
- Credit Union Quiz Teams
- Sports Quiz Teams
- Tráth na gCeist winning teams
- U 14 Basketball Team
- Spar 5-a-side Soccer Teams
- Irish dancers, Cubs, Scouts and singers involved in St Patrick’s Day mass and celebrations
- Cumann na mBunscol Gaelic Footballers
- 1st & “nd Class who co-operated so well with Eugene Ivers and Tom Byrne at football training
- 6th Class for organising the Trócaire fundraiser
- 3rd & 4th Class members of the Choir who are busy preparing for Confirmation and First Holy Communion masses
- Senior Infants for working so well with our new Literacy Lift Programme
The assembly finished with a special mention for 2nd, 5th and 6th Classes who are making their First Holy Communion and Confirmation next month.